Monday, August 19, 2013

Monday Results Update..8/19/13



Another horrid August weekend draws to a close.  For the second Sunday in a row, I sold nothing....zip.....zilch......nada.  But, I should disclose I sold 3 things on Saturday so all was not lost.

I have jumped back on the listing horse, though, and things are starting to pick up.  I seem to be selling some of my very old stuff.  It's interesting to watch things sell that I had all but given up on and was just waiting for them to come up for relisting again so I could move them to auction and just dump them.

Look out!  What I'm getting ready to show you is going to blow your mind with how rich I'm going to get....lol.

Bought for $2 and sold for.......
Dilbert Tie

Bought for $1.50 on an experiment to see if the brand sells....it doesn't....
Cremieux Polo

I know those are links and not pictures.  But, to save space on my computer, I toss my pics shortly after an item is listed.  If these links die, I'm sorry, but I have no other way to show you just a pic.

As for results, this month I have sold 35 items for a gross number of $598.  Margins are down because I'm purging old inventory by lowering prices to drive them out the door and recoup the cash.  But, even if my margins are 50%, that's a car payment for some.  I'll get back up there soon now that I'm listing again.  So, no worries.

As for today, I spent the morning at a few thrift stores and posted a video on YouTube here.  Feel free to check it out.  It's about 7 minutes long and I break down my profit expectations on paper at the end.  I also listed 7 things and redid my notes I take before I list items and my condition rating.  Remember, simpler is better.....as long as you get your point across.  I am really working on this concept right now, and I will blog about it when I have settled on a system I like going forward.   Happy Tuesday, and as always...

Make Today Count!
Chip

No comments:

Post a Comment