Thursday, August 1, 2013

July is over!

Whew, my month of traveling all over the Midwest and summer vacationing is gone.  Time to start fresh and push for the holiday season and end of year.

Simple post of what happened last month.....my first July.  55 items sold (not bad considering how inactive I was).  $1056 in gross sales (profit margin has dropped due to me dropping my prices and flushing out old inventory).  Estimated net of $500-$600 profit.

I'll take it since July is supposedly a slow retail month.  When I asked Google, this is the answer I received, "Any month but December."  I chuckled and searched a little deeper and found this pearl....."The absolute slowest months are January through Spring Break (usually March) and mid-July through August (vacations)."

I'll push harder in August and see where we land.

Happy Trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment