Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Get in Line with Ebay's Requests

I don't know about you, but I'm always looking for ways to make my eBay items appear higher in search rankings.  With the switch over to and evolution of eBay's new search algorithms, Cassini, we need to pay attention to more factors than just keywords.

I believe, without being told, that one of those parameters is paying attention to "warnings" eBay issues.  Whether it be that your DSRs (Detail Seller Ratings) are low, or that your photos aren't the correct size, I believe we should hop-to and fix things before we agitate the powers that be.

Ebay now rewards us for being customer-centric sellers.  The more convenient we design our listings for buyers, the more Cassini rewards us with higher placement.  Ebay has made no bones about focusing on the buyer, and it behooves them to do so.  They don't want the buyer running off to Amazon or another rival.  Those sellers that get in-line with this concept will outperform the sellers that don't.  It's that simple.

I received a warning today that 2 of my listings didn't fit the photo profile eBay wants.  So, I'm jumping on this right away to fix it.  At the very least, I am pulling the listings until I have time to rephotograph them.  But, I also noticed eBay is giving me suggestions for 9 other listings regarding adding Item Specifics.  Well, it would probably behoove me to fix those, too.

In the recent past, many sellers (15,000 to be more precise) have been suspended or banned from selling on eBay because they didn't adhere to multiple warnings eBay gave regarding customer service.  I am just taking this one step further and staying ahead of the game.  I suggest you contemplate doing the same.

Where do you find these warnings?  I found them under the Selling Reminders section under the My Ebay tab.  This is what mine looks like.

When poking around your eBay page today, take a look in the Selling Reminders and see if you don't have anything to correct.  I will report back if I see a bump in sales after fixing these.

Make today count!
Chip

No comments:

Post a Comment