Monday, May 20, 2013

May Checkpoint..

Just a "stat update" here.  I tend to set goals for myself and try and hit them....something I learned from a shorter career in sales about a decade ago.  But, the theory has served me well by teaching me to keep stretching to keep myself pushing a little harder at whatever it is I'm trying to accomplish.

My original goal with reselling on eBay was "just sell something."  Once I did that, I moved onto "a sale a week."  After that, "a sale a day, or 30 in a month."  I hit that in about March, after beginning this adventure in late November.  I've slowly pushed past "a sale a day" to a little more, but not quite 2 per day....my next goal.

Well, May just might be the month after a slow April.  (And, April was my fault to be honest.)  I started off with a big inventory grab and a big listing push.  It's paying off.  Where do I stand now?

May 20th, I'm sitting on 55 items sold....gross sales of $1074.  That's just under $20 per item.  I would like to be above that, but I'm also purging some dead inventory right now, so that gross ring is going to be low.  It looks good to finish the month strong and surpass 60 in May.

Now, to get a picture of where things "could" be heading, I looked back at the past 31 days.  Since April 22nd, I have sold 73 items for a gross ring of $1408.

Nothing prophetic to say.  Sadly, more is possible.  I don't know how far I can take this, but the profit margin is there and things continue to grow quickly.  I wonder where my personal limit is for how much time I can invest.  But, I can tell you there' more I can give.  It'll be interesting to find the ceiling and look back at the numbers.  And all this from 0 sales and $0 in November....

No comments:

Post a Comment