Friday, May 3, 2013

Jeans, jeans, and more jeans..

Hit the jackpot at a thrift store tonight.  Was on the way home from dinner and noticed in the lighted window that there were new racks of clothing sitting on the sales floor.  Had to stop in and look through the racks before they were distributed.  All racks were duds.....very rare.

Kids were behaving and wife was looking around for herself.  So, I cruised the women's clothing looking for some fashionable summer tops.  Found a couple of things.  But, that went fast, so I cruised over to the jeans.

JACKPOT!!  Found 5 pair of Lucky Brand.  And, 1 super nice pair of Citizens of Humanity.  Got home and looked them up.  Here is what I discovered....

I paid $4 per pair.....total investment $24.

Citizens jeans will sell for $30 on the low end, $75 on the high end.
Lucky's will sell for $20 on the low end, $45 on the high end.

Profit after fees will be $75 on the low end, $207 on the high end.

Not bad for 30 minutes of work.

And, I didn't even tell you that the other two tops I found in the women's section were a Giorgio Armani sleeveless top that should bring about $50 and a Tommy Bahama top that should bring over $25.

I'll take between $150 and $275 all day long!

No comments:

Post a Comment