Monday, May 13, 2013

Monday Sold!!

Good weekend.  Sold 10 items, 2 internationally (Germany and Mexico).  Here are a few of them...

Bought for $3, sold for $25...C/B shirt

Bought full price for $11 (see backstory below), sold for $30.50... STL mug

Bought for $3, sold for $25 (this was bought, never paid for, and sold again...so sold twice, technically)... Rainbow Polo


So, the backstory behind the mugs....  Starbucks does collectible "city" mugs.  If your city has many Starbucks floating around, especially in malls, you may be able to find these on the shelf.  The Global Icon Collection of mugs is being replace by the You Are Here Collection.  These were released on May 1st.  I happened to notice this on pure accident when in a Starbucks.  I bought a couple and figured I'd be first one online to list them for St. Louis.  I was.  I also wanted to set the market by using the auction format and see if I couldn't spark a bidding war.  Nothing like the old days of Tickle Me Elmo, but I sort of did.  Now, I know what they sell for.  I know they sell for profit.  I can now go into Starbucks and grab a mug to sell worldwide for quite awhile.  Collectors can't all get to St. Louis just to buy a mug.  Odds are your city falls into this situation, too.  Go buy a few and see what they sell for before someone else in your city does.  Every $10 profit is $10 you didn't have.  And, once you have the listing put together, the work is completely done.....just grab a mug, change your quantity listing in eBay, and ship the one that sells out.

But, here is what the old mugs are starting to go for as people are realizing they are going out of print....

Bought for $10, sold for $40 each to the same buyer.... Global Icon STL

Can you say "cha-CHING?"  I knew you could.  (Old SNL Dana Carvey, Church Lady joke there...couldn't resist.)

Make it a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment