Sunday, March 10, 2013

Sunday's Tip: Shipping system

I have found a simple, streamlined concept for getting items ready to ship.  I do this early in my listing process.

After I photo an item, I put it in a clear baggie and put my "thank you" sticker on it.  I number it and put it in my bin.  

Now, after I list the item, it just sits in the bin until it sells.  Once it sells, all I have to do is run downstairs, pull the item from the bin, put it in a poly mailer and print the label to ship.  The last part of the process is now the fastest.  This makes selling more fun because I hear my phone alert and know I can have the item in the mail in less than 5 minutes.  It would be a lot less rewarding if I had to go through all the bagging and printing and labeling after the sale.  In my opinion, it would become tedious and dreadful.....making the hobby far less fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment