Saturday, March 9, 2013

Quick Math



I ran to my most hated store (Savers) today because I had a 40% off coupon burning a hole in my pocket.  I found a NWT LaCoste polo for $13 and the spree was on.  I decided since I was going to commit to using the coupon, I was going to burn the place down when I left.  Came out with 2 Brooks Brothers shirts, a Hugo Boss, 4 Nike Dri Fits, 3 Adidas (all 2xl), 3 Ping golf shirts, and a Callaway.  I looked at the price tag and it was a little much for me to take on (I was a little freaked by the fact Savers sells for $7 and $10 when my GW sells for $3 and $6).  So, I decided I didn't need absolutely everything and cherry picked my own pile.  As my "final decision," I walked with the LaCoste NWT (duh), 1 Brooks Bros, the Callaway, 3 of the Nikes, and 2 of the Adidas.....for $39. 

Here's the thing, though, for the newer guys.  I used the eBay calculator to calculate my profits....conservatively.  That 30 minutes and $39 turned into $141.50 pure profit after fees. Those 8 items are close enough alike it won't take me but 10 minutes per to list them.  30 minutes + 80 minutes = 110 minutes. $141.50 for 110 minutes is just over $70/hr.  You simply MUST think like this when you are working.....not the $5/hr mindset you get from checking FB and poking on eBay all afternoon.  You cannot keep up the pace of $70/hr across town day in and day out most likely, but you sure as heck can beat $5-$10 per hour. 

Have a great weekend, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment