Friday, September 6, 2013

Resist the Temptation to Push the "Reset Button".....AGAIN....



Many of us do this.  Heck, I still do.  It's a nasty habit and leads to unproductivity.  It's called hitting the reset button on life.

I used to play video games as a kid.  I used to want to get off to the best start possible to set myself up for the best game possible.  So, when one little thing went wrong, I'd just hit the reset button.  I got really good at the beginnings.  I got really good at setting myself up for success.  But, every time I hit a snag or a challenge, I went back to the beginning where I was most comfortable by pushing the reset button.



It wasn't until adulthood that I started to realize that life does NOT have a reset button.  You have to muddle through the tough parts.  You don't get to start over when things don't go as planned.  The only Eminem song I respect is "Lose Yourself."  Think what you want about him as a rapper and musician, but these lyrics really ring true here.....

You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow
This opportunity comes once in a lifetime yo


My point is:  We all get caught up in this "resetting life" from time to time.  And, we get frustrated in why we never seem to arrive at our destination.  We never tap our potential.  We need to learn to quit reaching for the reset button....stop trying to tweak every little thing....and just keep moving forward!


I've been reading a lot of articles lately on eBay's search engine, Google's search engine, and optimizing for mobile.  While it's important to keep up with the times and stay on top of things, we must resist the urge to go back and tear everything down just to start over from scratch.  This is killing you!  Just apply your changes as you move forward.  But, keep moving forward!


You have put a lot into your eBay business, or your Amazon FBA business, or whatever career path you chose.  You have hopefully read from trusted, proven successes that it can be done.  That you can achieve your goals.  Trust the path you are on.  If you are like me, and are constantly tempted to tweak little things and start over again and again, I write this to you so you will see the encouragement to trust your path.  I hope you make the decision today to move forward instead of sideways.

Make today count!
Chip

No comments:

Post a Comment