Sunday, September 8, 2013

Diversify yourself!

Thought I'd post a quick thought about diversification in what you sell.  This is a slow month starting out again.  And, most of you know me as a "golf shirt guy."  But, it's not half of what I sell.




I've sold 12 things so far this month (believe me I'm so frustrated I could throw something).  But, here is the break down.

Golf shirts- 4
Denim- 3
Hawaiians- 2
Ties- 1
Coffee mugs- 1
Tshirts- 1

So, what to gather from this?  DIVERSIFY!!  If I only sold golf shirts, I'd have only sold 4 things.  By branching out and selling in more than one niche, I'm not crushed when golf shirts slow down.



As you can see, they are still a BIG part of what I sell.  But, putting all your eggs in one basket is plain suicidal in this ever-changing marketplace.

Get out of your comfort zone and learn more niches!   Make today count!

1 comment:

  1. Chip .... in your experience of selling golf shirts, do they sell year round or does it slow down considerably in non-golf season? I

    ReplyDelete