Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Golf Shirt Tuesday..

Golf Shirt Tuesday...

Here's a fun one. This is a brand I don't normally sell, Greg Norman. I, personally, LOVE his shirts. But, they don't do as well on eBay....under $20 on the average and tend to sit awhile. This particular shirt, though, I had to have. I debated keeping it for myself, but knew it would sell for higher than average. Why? It's pattern! Sometimes you just know.

I listed it and within 24 hours it had half a dozen views and a watcher. The next day, a couple watchers. Then, 3. I had it listed at $22.50 and BO of $17ish, but no one pulled the trigger. I kept peeking in on it for a couple of days, knowing it would eventually pop. Usually, when an item picks up views AND watchers quickly, it is a good sign it will sell. But, I was a bit confused at why someone wouldn't pull the trigger at $22.50 or below? "C'mon, people....it's priced to sell," I would think to myself. Yet 4-5 days in and.........nothing.

Here's the trick. With 3-4 watchers building that quickly, I KNEW it would sell. So, I RAISED the price. Too many people think the answer is to lower the price. Raising it also produces activity. I don't think any of the current watchers were serious; I wasn't after them. I wanted someone knew that wouldn't see that I had changed the price.......or I wanted someone on the fence to panic and pull the trigger thinking, "Oh no, the price is going UP....not down. I'd better grab it before this guy gets too greedy."

I raised the price to $24.95, I think, with an offer at $20. Boing! Within 24 hours, it sold to someone in the middle at $22.00ish. I got what I was originally asking, but they still got a deal because it was under what they saw me asking, if that makes sense. It was a quick sale on a slow selling shirt because it was a great pattern AND because sometimes raising your prices triggers movement, too. Give that a try on some stale items with watchers.


Bought for $2.50....sold for $22+.  


No comments:

Post a Comment